Air duct sealing is a critical way to ensure that the indoor air your family breathes is pure. As
your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system runs day after day, it draws particles
of dust, pollen, and other allergens into the ductwork. These irritants build up over time and
eventually begin leaking into your home environment through a number of gaps and
openings in your system’s air ducts.
In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute
conditioned air throughout the house. But in typical houses, about 20% of the air that moves
through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts.The result is
higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the
thermostat is set.
Some signs that your home may have leaky, poorly insulated, or inefficient ducts:
- You have high summer and winter utility bills
- You have rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- You have stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- Your ducts are located in an attic, unfinished basement, crawlspace, or the garage
- You find tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system Advantages to Duct Sealing
- Less dust
- More efficiently ran HVAC equipment
- Less allergy and asthma symptoms
- Cleaner air quality
- Lower energy bills
- And more!
Tiger Air Heating and Air Conditioning has been in business 30 years and we service homeowners exclusively in all aspects of Heating and Air Conditioning and Plumbing repairs, service and installations. We will deliver knowledge and polite service in getting your problem fixed the first time